The holidays are here! Office parties, family dinners, holiday shopping, and much more will be consuming our life for the next several weeks.
I hope you’ve already chosen the perfect red lipstick for the season…Makeup 4ever Moulin Rouge is my favorite…
Here are some other tips to look your best under the Chris+stress season….
- A good moisturizer is essential for keeping your skin looking plump and youthful. A really good moisturizer will help to lock in the moisture and natural oils, as well as acting as a barrier to harmful environmental elements…In the day time don’t forget the sunscreen… even though the sun may not shine…but it might…
- To help with wrinkles and lines, use a few drops of argan oil to massage your face before applying makeup. It will help hydrate your skin and make it look more youthful. Upwards strokes always…Gentle facial massage helps increase blood flow to skin cells and can help decongest under-eye puffiness. A massage feels good and when you feel good, you also look good.(Argan oil)
- Use an eye cream or gel under your eyes before applying concealer so that the area is hydrated properly ,your concealer won’t settle into fine lines, and it’s easy to blend. (Eve Pearl, Amazing Concealer, Mac Select cover-up,Laura Mercier)
- Use eyeshadow primer!!! You must use a primer under shadow to lock in the color keep the shadow from fading or creasing. (Urban Decay, Lorac, Tarte)
- Use a vitamin C serum,(make sure you get it in an air-tight pump bottle), or a skin firming serum that will give a taught, firmer and younger look… a treatment under the make-up..(NeoStrata, Fusion Beauty face lift set)
- To ensure your makeup lasts all night, always remember to prep skin with a primer. It will ensure a flawless and long-lasting makeup application… In addition, using a primer will help the foundation glide on smoothly and blend easily.
- To brighten your face and add light to your complexion use a use a Foundation with light-diffusing ingredients. You can also add a little Strobe Lotion from Mac to your favorite foundation to ensure that most desirable glow!
- A cream blush applied strategically to the apples of the cheeks, will also add light and glow to your face,making you look youthful and radiant. ( Ere Perez Healthy or Happy) – smile when you’re doing so for the ideal application. The result is a flawless looking complexion. (Fusion Beauty)
- Keep your eyebrows well groomed… keep them as full and thick as possible.You may need the help of a brow pencil to fill them in, then I suggest to use Mac self-propelling self-sharpening brow definer and brow set finisher … Overly thin eyebrows just don’t look right, are very aging …a well defined and groomed eyebrow instantly frames your face….
- If you are going to a party where you will be photographed, take a small powder compact, add a dab of Vaseline to the mirror … after applying your lipstick put a thin layer of Vaseline on your teeth to avoid the lipstick transferring onto them….and… don`t forget to add a little concealer the outer corners of the mouth to create a lifting effect that makes you look like you`re smiling….